Join a Peer Mentor Group
First-year students: get advice from a second-year Seattle Promise student about campus resources and connect with other Seattle Promise students. Groups meet monthly throughout the year, and your student mentor is available all year for advice and support navigating college. Receive a $40 gift card each quarter you complete every monthly mentoring meeting.
Sign up to join a peer mentor group by Monday, January 4, 2021.
Why should I join a mentor group?
Have you ever had questions about college but you weren’t sure the right person to ask? Have you been feeling like you haven’t had the same opportunities to make new friends because of COVID?
We hear you! Joining a group is a no-pressure way to get to know other students, learn about your campus, get advice, and get connected to opportunities available at Seattle Colleges.
How often do the mentor groups meet?
Once per month on Zoom from January through June. We ask that mentees participate in all 6 meetings through the end of the school year.
What do I have to do if I join the group?
Just show up! Your mentor will handle the rest.
Who will be my mentor?
A second year Seattle Promise student who has been at Seattle Colleges and knows about being in Seattle Promise.
What am I going to get out of this experience?
- New friends and new connections at your college!
- New ways to enhance your college experience related to your interests and goals!
- More information about events and opportunities related to your interests and goals!
When will meetings with my mentor groups happen?
- You can choose from a variety of time options to find a group that fits your schedule.
- Your mentor group will meet online at the same day and time from January through June.
How do I earn my gift card? What kind of gift card is it?
- Actively participate in each of the monthly mentor group meetings, and at the end of the quarter, you’ll receive a $40 gift card to the Barnes and Noble bookstore. Participating through June, you’ll earn a total of $80 for books.