Consider these transfer opportunities especially for Seattle Promise graduates as you look forward to pursuing a four-year degree.
University of Washington/Seattle Colleges Partnership for Seattle Promise Students
The University of Washington is excited to build upon the success of Seattle Promise to connect Seattle Colleges students to a baccalaureate degree at the UW.
As part of the Seattle Rescue Plan, City, and education leaders recently announced a new Seattle Promise transfer partnership with Seattle Colleges and the University of Washington set to begin in Summer 2022. The proposed partnership will support Seattle Promise students helping them to prepare and plan for transfer to the University of Washington.
- Students: visit the Path to UW page for more details.
- Information about the development of Path to UW is on the Department of Education and Early Learning and the University of Washington websites.
- Funding for this partnership is currently pending approval by Seattle City Council. Learn more about the Seattle Rescue Plan and legislative timeline.
CityU of Seattle Transfer Scholarship for Promise Students
City University of Seattle (CityU) honors Promise students with scholarships when transferring from Seattle Colleges. CityU offers Promise students a scholarship of $1,250 per quarter, up to a maximum of $10,000. Learn more about the conditions of the scholarship.
Today, CityU is recognized as a Top 10 educator of adults nationwide, offering more than 60 certificates and degree programs, including computer science, cybersecurity, project management, criminal justice, counseling, leadership, teaching certificates, and business administration. CityU accepts all credits from Seattle Colleges courses.
- Learn more about CityU’s degree and certificate programs or request information and download a pdf flyer.
Seattle Pacific University Transfer Promise
Seattle Pacific Transfer Promise is an exclusive, discounted pathway to SPU for students enrolled in the Seattle Promise program. It's our commitment to support Seattle area community college students as they finish four-year degrees and start their futures.
Transfer benefits include:
- At least 50 percent off tuition in the form of SPU scholarships and grants
- Direct pathway into most majors*
- Mentorship, internship, and advising opportunities
- A nationally ranked education
- Learn more about the eligibility requirements and visit the Seattle Pacific University Transfer Hub.
*Minimum GPA required. Certain majors are constrained by space and require an application (e.g. Nursing).
Seattle University Promise
Seattle University aspires to be the preferred transfer destination for Seattle Promise students. As such, any Seattle Promise student completing their DTA or AS-T with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA is guaranteed admission to Seattle U.
Additionally, admitted Seattle Promise students enrolled in the Washington State College Bound Scholarship program that complete a DTA or AS-T with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA are eligible to receive full tuition awards to Seattle University.
To receive the scholarship, incoming transfer students must fulfill the following:
- Be enrolled at one of the Seattle Colleges (Seattle Central, North Seattle, Seattle Central) as a Seattle Promise student
- Complete a DTA or AS-T with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Complete the required prerequisite classes for the program of interest
- Apply as a transfer student to Seattle University by the quarterly application deadline
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 prior to enrolling at Seattle University (must be eligible for federal aid)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress while enrolled at Seattle U, and complete the yearly FAFSA filing requirement.