Consider these transfer opportunities especially for Seattle Promise graduates as you look forward to pursuing a four-year degree.
University of Washington/Seattle Colleges Partnership for Seattle Promise Students
The University of Washington is excited to build upon the success of Seattle Promise to connect Seattle Colleges students to a baccalaureate degree at the UW.
As part of the Seattle Rescue Plan, City, and education leaders recently announced a new Seattle Promise transfer partnership with Seattle Colleges and the University of Washington set to begin in Summer 2022. The proposed partnership will support Seattle Promise students helping them to prepare and plan for transfer to the University of Washington.
- Visit the Department of Education and Early Learning and the University of Washington websites for more information.
- Funding for this partnership is currently pending approval by Seattle City Council. Learn more about the Seattle Rescue Plan and legislative timeline.
CityU of Seattle Transfer Scholarship for Promise Students
City University of Seattle (CityU) honors Promise students with scholarships when transferring from Seattle Colleges. CityU offers Promise students a scholarship of $1,250 per quarter, up to a maximum of $10,000. Learn more about the conditions of the scholarship.
Today, CityU is recognized as a Top 10 educator of adults nationwide, offering more than 60 certificates and degree programs, including computer science, cybersecurity, project management, criminal justice, counseling, leadership, teaching certificates, and business administration. CityU accepts all credits from Seattle Colleges courses.
- Learn more about CityU’s degree and certificate programs or request information and download a pdf flyer.
Seattle Pacific University Transfer Promise
Seattle Pacific Transfer Promise is an exclusive, discounted pathway to SPU for students enrolled in the Seattle Promise program. It's our commitment to support Seattle area community college students as they finish four-year degrees and start their futures.
Transfer benefits include:
- At least 50 percent off tuition in the form of SPU scholarships and grants
- Direct pathway into most majors*
- Mentorship, internship, and advising opportunities
- A nationally ranked education
- Learn more about the eligibility requirements and visit the Seattle Pacific University Transfer Hub.
*Minimum GPA required. Certain majors are constrained by space and require an application (e.g. Nursing).