Placement for Classes
Find the right math class for you.
Creating your first quarter class schedule is important to your success. Take the math placement test for the college you plan to attend to help your academic advisor guide you in creating your fall class schedule.
Seattle Promise applicants: If you received an email indicating that you need to take the math placement test, please follow the instructions below, or read the math placement overview. The placement test is online, and you can choose the day and time to take it. You’ll need to complete it at least one week before attending Readiness Academy.
Math Placement Instructions
- Sign up for ALEKS at www.aleks.com.
- Click "Sign Up" at the top of the screen.
- Enter the Course Code:
- You will then be directed to purchase an access code online for $20+tax, using a credit or debit card.
- After making the purchase, you will be emailed two receipts. Your new Access Code will be on one of them.
- Input the Access Code and fill out the Student Registration Student Information
- You’ll need to enter your Student ID. Your Seattle Colleges Student ID number (also called ctcLink ID) is in your most recent email from Promise@Seattlecolleges.edu.
- Set up your account, complete the ALEKS tutorials, and begin the placement test.
Don’t like your score? Plan some time to review your math skills and you can take the placement test once more after 48 hours.
*North Students: Once you have completed the ALEKS placement, email NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu and include your ALEKS score in the email. They will then update your record.
Attention: fall 2021 incoming Seattle Promise scholars do not need to complete English placement tests.
More Placement Information
Visit your college placement pages for more information and instruction.