High School Counselors & Administrators
Thank you for your collaboration and support as we help students realize a college education is not only within reach financially, but a supported pathway to their continued success through the Seattle Promise program.
We've developed several resources to assist you in working with students and families. Please let us know how we can support you in the current remote environment.
- The Seattle Promise application is open to graduating seniors in the Class of 2022 attending Seattle public schools. The deadline has been extended to March 1, 2022. Students are encouraged to apply to the college and submit their FAFSA/WASFA as soon as possible to access other funding options available to them.
- Next steps for students who met the March 1 application deadline are listed on this webpage.
- A Seattle Promise program flyer with program deadlines is available as a .pdf for download.
- Each of the Seattle Colleges - North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, and South Seattle College - is separately accredited. When applying, students must submit an admissions application for each college they are interested in attending.
- Likewise, we also encourage students to send their FAFSA/WASFA information to all three schools as well. The FAFSA/WASFA college codes are: 009704 (North), 003787 (Central) and 009706 (South).
Interested in scheduling an application or financial aid workshop for your high school? Email Sarah Bishop or your Seattle Promise Outreach Specialist to get started.
Explore Seattle Colleges
- We invite students to explore which college is the best fit for them by reviewing the college's website, attending a virtual or in-person information session or campus tour (when available).
- Then, we encourage students to think about their education and career aspirations by exploring our areas of study and types of degrees.
- First review the areas of study, then choose a program of interest and a type of degree that fits their goals.
- Districtwide our programs are organized by the same areas of study; however, each college offers a variety of programs.
- Attending one of our Discover Seattle Colleges events also gives students an opportunity to hear from program instructors at each of our colleges.
Program Milestones and Deadlines
(These are the steps high school seniors need to complete in order to be/remain eligible for the Seattle Promise scholarship.)
A Community and Technical College Placement Process for Smarter Balance
- Visit our contact page for a full listing of high school support and program staff.
- Seattle Promise Outreach Specialists serve each Seattle public high school. Outreach Specialists are available to help students with their applications and to present to classrooms and groups.
- Sarah Bishop, Seattle Promise Assistant Director