ctcLink Resources for Students
The basics for students to get up and running with ctcLink. Also, please refer to the menu items.
Do This First: Activate Your ctcLink Account
You only need to do this once.
Note to new students starting Fall Quarter: If you received your ctcLink ID number via email, you still need to activate your ctcLink account.
Here is the pdf version.
- Before you start, watch this short how-to video: https://youtu.be/HZh8Zlt7Y-k.
- Go to gateway.ctclink.us and select "Activate Account" to get started, or click the ctcLink icon on any of the Students pages: North | Central | South.
- Refer to the information in the carousel/slider above or the accordion boxes below for step-by-step instructions.
- Be sure to write down your new ctcLink ID number when you get it and keep it in a safe place. You will need it to login to ctcLink.
- If you forget your ctcLink ID after you activate your account, you can retrieve your credentials by entering your SID and PIN at tools.seattlecolleges.edu/Initialize/mycredential_bySID.
Help Guide: How to Get Your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) using your SID and PIN.
If you encounter problems activating your account, contact the IT HelpDesk.
NOTE: Be sure to write down your new ctcLink ID number (EMPLID) when you get it and keep it in a safe place. You will need it to login to ctcLink.
If you forget your ctcLink ID after you activate your account, you can retrieve your credentials by entering your SID and PIN at tools.seattlecolleges.edu/Initialize/mycredential_bySID.
You may also login to https://tools.seattlecolleges.edu/ using your MySeattleColleges information (typically firstname.lastname@example.org and associated password), select Get My Credentials, and find your ctcLink ID (EMPLID). The IT Helpdesk can help too.
Help Guide: What If You Forget Your ctcLink ID (EMPLID)?
- Student Tech Tools: ctcLink, Canvas, Starfish, MyNorth/Central/South: A Guide.
- My Student Accounts: A Guide to the Accounts you need as a Seattle Colleges Student.
Tips for Known Issues
Some students are encountering issues in ctcLink. Below are some solutions you can try.
Navigating ctcLink Mobile (HCX)
One exciting feature of ctcLink is an app you can use on your mobile devices. Search the app store (iPhone) or play store (Android) on your mobile device for “ctcLink” to download and install this free app today. After you activate your ctcLink account, you’ll be able to access ctcLink directly through your mobile device using this app.
Note: You must activate your ctcLink account before using the mobile app or its web-based version.
Navigating ctcLink (Desktop/Browser)
- Do not use the back button as you navigate in ctcLink. Information from previous windows you’ve left will be lost and are not retrievable.
- If you encounter browser issues, good first steps to address this include clearing your browser cache and allowing pop-up windows. Select the links below for How To Steps. For further assistance please contact the IT HelpDesk.