ctcLink for Prospective and New Students
Apply for Admission
Prospective students use the statewide ctcLink admissions portal to apply to North Seattle, South Seattle, and Seattle Central Colleges.
To learn more about admissions to our colleges and to get assistance, please visit our admissions team web pages:
- North Seattle Admissions
- Seattle Central Admissions
- South Seattle Admissions
Detailed instructions for web admissions are available online.
Note: the username and password you create as a prospective student to apply in the ctcLink admissions portal is separate and different from your ctcLink ID number and password you will receive when you are admitted as a new/current student.
Activate Your Account as a New Student
After you submit your application, your college admissions office will review and process your application and send you an email. Your admissions email will include your unique ctcLink ID number.
You will use your ctcLink ID number to activate your account. (You only need to activate once.)
- Go to the ctcLink Gateway page.
- Select “Activate Your Account”.
- Use your first name, last name, date of birth, and ctcLink ID number to activate your account.
Watch this video to go over the ctcLink account activation process.
Students Are Required to Report COVID-19 Vaccination Status
ALL students are required to report their COVID-19 vaccination status or file an exemption in order to register. Please note: this step has been taken for everyone’s health and safety and to meet the requirements of Governor Inslee’s higher education proclamation for fully vaccinated college campuses.
Incoming new students who do not report their vaccination status or file an exemption will not be permitted to register for Spring Quarter 2022 classes until they have completed the process. Details and instructions are available online. There is also a section of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on that page.
Attention: Work-study students, if you have completed your vaccination verification with Human Resources, you still need to report your COVID-19 vaccination status through ctcLink.
We've developed a list of important tips that will help you get the most out of ctcLink when registering for classes.
- Do I really need a permission number for every class? (No, not for every class.)
- Make sure to select the appropriate academic term.
- You must be logged in to enroll in a class or add a class to your Shopping Cart or Planner.
- Remember to include Common Course Numbered (CCN) classes in your search.
- Don't forget to check the “See Open Classes Only” box if you only want to see open classes.
- Learn how to enroll by your program's degree requirements
- Your search layout depends on the size of your screen.
Learn more at the Registration Tips for ctcLink web page.
Review the full help guide: How to Browse and Search for Classes.
Navigating and Using ctcLink
Your ctcLink account gives you access to the following applications:
- "Manage Classes": Class Enrollments and registrations
- "Financial Aid": Manage financial aid awards and applications.
- "Academic Records": View past classes with grades and get unofficial transcripts.
- "Profile": View or update personal information.
- Your ctcLink ID and password are also the credentials to access your Canvas account (but note that Canvas is a separate application).
For step-by-step guide on using and navigating ctcLink, visit the ctcLink Resources for Students web page.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions, refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Students web page.