ctcLink for Staff
Upcoming Planned Service Outage: Saturday, July 31, 2021, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. - OKTA Identity Management Implementation
- The entire ctcLink environment will remain offline during the update.
- A notification of the outage will appear on the login page.
- The admissions tool (OAAP) as well as mobile webpages will be offline for the duration of the maintenance period.
- Canvas and Starfish will not be impacted, as they are different systems.
ctcLink Mobile App Updates to HighPoint Campus Experience (HCX)
ctcLink’s mobile app for students, HighPoint, was successfully updated to HighPoint Campus Experience (HCX) on Saturday, June 19. This update offers improved accessibility, expanded class search filtering in the class schedule, a more modern design and less cluttered interface, and standardized tiles across all ctcLink colleges. The vast majority of functionality remains the same with a fresh, new look, but there are some minor changes. The desktop/browser version of ctcLink remains the same.
Also refer to the ctcLink Updates web page for the latest information.
ctcLink is a large system with many capabilities. As such, systemic training will be a crucial component of a successful implementation. The training will consist of the following:
- Canvas self-paced training courses
- Instructor-led online training
- User-acceptance training
- End-user training
Visit the ctcLink Training page to learn more and enroll in training courses on Canvas.
Help Resources for Employees
- FYI: We've developed a web page called "In ctcLink How Will I...?" to help employees complete essential tasks in ctcLink based on your role and department.
- The Resources web page features helpful information about our Go-Live Support Plan, some messaging resources, and video recordings of ctcLink update information sessions.
- The SBCTC web page Where to Find ctcLink Documents and Resources offers many additional resources.
The following listservs offer resources and perspectives on specific areas of interest. Click on the links to subscribe.
- ctcLink News – Subscribe to the ctcLink Connect blog
- ctcLink Mobile – Information about mobile upgrades, fixes, downtimes
- ctcLinkCSSupport – Campus Solutions (CS) – Academic Advisement, Campus Community, Campus Self-Service, Financial Aid, Recruiting and Admissions, Student Financials, Student Records
- ctcLinkSME_FIN – Finance (FIN) – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Commitment Control, Expenses, Financials, General
- ctcLinkFinAidSupport – Financial Aid (FA) – Assessing Eligibility, Authorizing/Disbursing Aid, Awarding and Packaging/Repackaging, Direct Loans, Disbursement, Federal Applications, Pell, Perkins, Return of Title IV Funds, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Self-Service, Work-Study
- ctcLinkSME_StuFin – Student Financials (SF) – Billing, Cashiering, Collections, Fee & Tuition Calculation, General Ledger Interaction, Payment Plans, Refunds, Student Receivables, Tax Forms
- ctcLinkSME-HCM – Human Capital Management (HCM) – Absence Management, Benefits, Payroll, Employee Self-Service, Faculty Workload, Manager Self-Service, Talent Acquisition Management - Recruiting, Time and Labor, Workforce Administration
- ctcLinkSME-rpt – General Reporting – Reporting tools and functionality, query training and development (if you completed the first query training course you are already subscribed)
- ctcLink-Coding – General Coding
- ctcLink-Security – ctcLink Security
- ctcLink-OAAP – Online Admissions Application Portal Admins
Regular updates are sent to employees via email. To view these, check your email or go to the ctcLink Updates web page.