Volunteer for Commencement
Join us in creating a memorable occasion for the graduating Class of 2023. Volunteer at the 2023 Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, June 22, at T-Mobile Park.
We’re back in-person and all together for this year’s commencement. If you need some inspiration, see what students are saying about their experience at Seattle Colleges below.
"Seattle Central College was my first college since I came to the USA. I want to thank all my instructors and the staff members who helped me accomplish my AA-DTA."
"I appreciate the encouragement and advice from the South Seattle College staff to make my graduation a reality."
"Professors, advisors and tutors have helped me and motivated me through hardships ever since I started at North. I am very grateful."
Sign Up to Volunteer
Volunteers make this event possible, and help graduates feel special on their commencement day. Sign up now by completing a short form. More detailed information will be provided to volunteers after sign up.
Here's a brief look at what commencement looks like behind the scenes, and why we need your support.
Before the Event
- Set-up: stage and backstage crew, distribution of signage, concourse tabling, registration prep
- Faculty and staff regalia check-out
During the Event
- Staffing: welcoming grads and guests, tabling with registration, gown assistance, supporting the selfie booth
- Runners: assisting with student movement, ushering students into seats
After the Event
- Staffing: Ushering grads and guests out, encouraging donation to cap and gown loaner program, packing/clean up
- Faculty and staff regalia check-in