Seattle is an urban, cosmopolitan hub surrounded by water, forests, and mountains. As a major port and Washington State's largest city, Seattle is not only a center of commerce and tourism, but also technology, healthcare, education, and the arts. Its diverse population and eclectic neighborhoods create a rich cultural diversity that is reflected in its businesses, restaurants, events, and music.
Following are just a few of the many resources for learning more about the Seattle metro area.
(Note: These links refer to outside sites and open in new browser windows.)
- Seattle Facts
- Visit Seattle
- City of Seattle’s Visiting Seattle Site
- City of Seattle's Race and Social Justice Initiative
- City of Seattle’s Public Art Site
- Seattle Sports Commission—Seattle Teams
- Cool and Unusual Things to Do in Seattle (Atlas Obscura)
- Time Out’s 20 Best Things to Do in Seattle
- 10 Things Not to Miss in Seattle (Wander Wisdom)
- The 26 Best Things to Do in Seattle (Curbed Seattle)
- The Stranger’s Guide to the Most Unique Tours in Seattle
- The 15 Best City Trails in Seattle (Seattle Met)
- Best Record Stores in Seattle (Seattle Met)
This just scratches the surface. Do your own online searches to find much more.