Questions and Contact
Have Questions? Here's a few answers from frequently asked questions.
Yes, Readiness Academy attendance is required for all new Seattle Promise students. If you do not attend a Readiness Academy session, you will lose Seattle Promise eligibility including the Seattle Promise scholarship and other supports.
We are offering 10 Readiness Academy options at each Seattle College (North, Central, and South). You only need to attend one Readiness Academy session. Sign up today.
Completing these things before Readiness Academy will help your experience go smooth:
- Add the Seattle College code to your FAFSA or WASFA. You can do this by logging in to your Student Aid Report (FAFSA) or logging in to the WASFA website and adding the code for the college you plan to attend this fall:
- Activate your MySeattleColleges account
- Activate your ctcLink account
- Complete the Equity Scholarship Form – this will help us award you additional scholarship funds if you’re eligible.
Whether you attend an in-person or online event, you will need a notebook and pen/pencil to take notes.
If you have earned college credit at a non-Seattle College (ex: Highline or Shoreline or Bellevue) or from IB or AP exams, have unofficial transcript copies/score reports with you.
Yes! We will have a Parent/Family/Supporter meeting at each event. Those meetings will offer a space for your parent/guardian/family/other support people to ask any questions they have about Seattle Promise and Seattle Colleges. This meeting is optional.
You’ll meet your Retention Specialist at Readiness Academy. This is the person who will help you register for classes and who will be your guide at Seattle Colleges. Seattle Promise students are required to meet with their Retention Specialist each quarter they’re enrolled.
These Readiness Academy dates are for students who earned credit through Running Start. These sessions are designed to help you with graduation planning and to build upon the college experience you already have.
All three options are online experiences.
Before coming to your Readiness Academy event, make sure you've built your Educational Plan with the Running Start Manager at your college. You will need this to register for classes.
- Tuesday, May 25 from 1-3:30pm
- Wednesday, June 2, 1-3:30pm
- Thursday, June 10, 1-3:30pm
If you've already registered for fall 2021 quarter, you are still required to attend Readiness Academy. You'll be able to leave the event early if you're already registered for classes.
These on campus Readiness Academy dates are for students who want or need in person support with their transition to college. Space is limited in compliance with local, state, and national covid guidelines.
- Tuesday, June 8, 1-3:30pm
- Seattle Central College
- This event is only for students who plan to attend Seattle Central College
- Wednesday, June 9, 1-3:30pm
- South Seattle College
- This event is only for students who plan to attend South Seattle College
- Friday, June 11, 1-3:30pm
- North Seattle College
- This event is only for students who plan to attend North Seattle College