Seattle Colleges and Arizona State University Partner to Offer Transfer Pathways
May 20, 2021
Seattle Colleges is pleased to announce a new alliance with Arizona State University (ASU) to provide students a seamless transfer experience with the MyPath2ASU program. MyPath2ASU™ allows students to take the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success.
MyPath2ASU™ is a set of customized tools available to transfer students from accredited, U.S. regional institutions. These tools ensure a seamless transfer experience to ASU after earning credits or an associate degree from a U.S. community college or university and shortening the time to degree completion.
“Seattle Colleges is proud to add ASU’s MyPath2ASU program as another transfer option for our students,” said Kurt Buttleman, vice chancellor of student success and academic affairs. “Our partnership ensures students have a flexible, affordable, and a seamless pathway to achieve their goals.”
Through this partnership, students using MyPath2ASU™ will find their transfer experience simplified. They will have access to personalized benefits to help them navigate the transfer experience, to include:
- End-to-end learner navigation through course-by-course guided pathways
- Ensure course applicability by assisting students with taking courses that apply to their associate and ASU bachelor’s degree
- Guaranteed general admission to ASU and admission into MyPath2ASU™ major choice if all requirements are satisfied; Some majors have additional or higher admission requirements
- More than 400 course-by-course guided pathways into immersion and online ASU degree programs
- Self-service, degree progress tracking through My Transfer Guide to minimize loss of credit
- Connected experience through personalized ASU communications to prepare academically and build a connection to ASU
ASU and Seattle Colleges will work collaboratively to promote educational degree pathways containing ground and online course offerings. These pathways will ensure their courses are applicable toward their degree in their chosen major and minimize credit loss.
About Seattle Colleges
Seattle Colleges is Washington state’s largest college district, with more than 41,000 students enrolled each year. It is composed of Seattle Central College, North Seattle College, South Seattle College, and five specialty centers. Seattle Colleges offers more than 130 workforce education and training programs that lead to bachelor’s degrees in high-growth industries, associate degrees in various disciplines, certificates in professional-technical programs, and transfer degrees to universities throughout the United States.
Seattle Colleges has a number of other transfer agreements with colleges in Washington as well as with out-of-state colleges. For a list, go to www.seattlecolleges.edu/programs/college-transfer/transfer-agreements.