Extended Reality (XR)
Extended Reality (XR) – an umbrella term for Virtual and Augmented Reality – is a rapidly growing, high-wage field with opportunities in the Seattle area, throughout the country, and internationally. Seattle Colleges' XR micropathway is one of the only programs of its kind in the nation.
What You'll Get
- Employable skills from a pathway at Seattle Colleges, co-designed with Unity Technologies and other XR industry partners, including skills in C# programming and debugging, using the Unity editor, code optimization and much more
- The opportunity to compete for a paid summer internship with Unity Technologies, the leading XR engine globally
- Work toward these industry-recognized credentials:
- First credential - Unity User: Programmer Certification
- Second credential - Unity User: VR Developer Certification
Program Title: Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate
Duration: Three quarters, one course per quarter; one to two nights per week, five to ten hours of student commitment per week.
Schedule and Modality: Courses will be offered in a hybrid format, with weekly instructions provided online and face-to-face class meetings every other week after the first course. Class meetings will take place in the evenings so that you can work, take care of your family, or engage other pursuits during the daytime hours.
Cost: $4485 for all three courses listed below:
- Intro to Software Development: $995
- Intro to Immersive Media 1: $1495
- Intro to Immersive Media 2: $1995
Total Hours: 140
Class Size: up to 20 students
Purpose: To set future creators on their path to a career within the real-time 3D ecosystem, for future developers who want to create their own game or apps. Learn more about Unity Certifications. After successful completion, students can sit for the Certified User exam.
Program Prerequisites: Anyone who is a high school graduate or anyone age 18 or older can enroll.
- High-school level of mathematics knowledge
- Basic familiarity with computers, graphic software like Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts like variables, loops and conditional logic
For Fall 2023, register here: Intro to Immersive Media 1
First Credential - Virtual Reality Fundamentals Certificate
You will be able sit for the Unity User: Programmer Certification exam after completing Intro to Immersive Media 1.
Second Credential - Unity User: VR Developer Certification
You will be able sit for the Unity User: VR Developer Certification exam after completing Intro to Immersive Media 1 and Intro to Immersive Media 2.