Help Us Celebrate Our Class of 2020 with a Short Video
As you know, graduation is going to be much different this year for our students. And while we won’t be able to celebrate with a traditional commencement ceremony, we are doing everything we can to come together as a community to celebrate graduation – but we need your help!
We invite you to join us in celebrating our Class of 2020’s unstoppable spirit by contributing to a video we are creating. It’s simple – all we need is a quick video recorded on your cell phone (or a better camera if you have one handy). Directions are included below.
You can upload your submission at www.dropbox.com/request/AIy31ONx4VjJJgWZa31N.
Also, please print and complete our photo release form, scan or take a photo of it completed, and return it to us along with your video.
*Please take a few moments and submit your videos by end of day Thursday, June 4.
Our aim is to have a video produced by June 25, commencement day.
Please note: we can't guarantee we'll be able to use all submissions in the video, but hang on to your submission as we are working on a few other ways you might be able to use it. More information coming soon.
Tips for Your Video
- Record in a quiet space.
- Record outside or inside with the light source in front of you, not behind you.
- Turn phone horizontally for a wider video. Avoid vertical/portrait videos, if possible.
- Get creative about where you record your video. Take a walk, swing in a hammock, or don’t even bother to get out of bed – the more variety the better!
- If you’re up for it, show us where you’re working, studying or relaxing right now as we adapt to staying at home.
- Messages from kids, family, and pets are also welcome.
Address These Topics
Please answer as many of the following questions as you feel comfortable. Feel free to add anything if you have more to say.
If you are a member of the graduating class of 2020
- What is your name, and the degree you are graduating with?
- What has been your biggest inspiration to finish college?
- Who has been your biggest supporter and what would you like to say to them?
- What is the greatest obstacle you have overcome to graduate?
- What was the moment that you knew you were going to make it to graduation?
- What would you like to say to your fellow graduates?
- Please read the following statement: “I am <YOUR NAME>, and I am unstoppable!”
If you are a family member, friend, or classmate of a graduating student
- What is your name, the name of your family member/friend/classmate that is graduating, and your relationship to them?
- What are you most proud of about your graduate?
- What have you seen your graduate accomplish that demonstrates their unstoppable spirit?
- What obstacle have you seen your graduate overcome to graduate?
- What would you like to tell the entire 2020 graduating class?
- Please read the following statement “<NAME OF YOUR GRADUATE or CLASS OF 2020>, you are unstoppable!”