Seattle College District Procedure
TITLE: ESTABLISHMENT OF WASHINGTON ADMINISTRATIVE CODE FOR SCCD
256.10 Materials Codified into the Washington Administrative Code for Seattle College District
Materials codified into the Washington Administrative Code for Seattle College District are created from specified categories of "rules" as defined by the Revised Code of Washington. By definition, a "rule" means any order, directive, or regulation of any institution of higher education which affects the relationship of the general public with the institution, or the relationship of particular segments of the particular educational community such as students, faculty or other employees, with the institution or with each other,
"Rule" means any agency order, directive, or regulation of general applicability (a) the violation of which subjects a person to a penalty or administrative sanction; (b) which establishes, alters, or revokes any procedure, practice, or requirement relating to agency hearings; (c) which establishes, alters, or revokes any qualification or requirement relating to the enjoyment of benefits or privileges conferred by law; . . . but does not include (i) statements concerning only the internal management of an agency and not affecting private rights or procedures available to the public, (ii) declaratory rulings issued pursuant to RCW 34.05.240. . . (iv) rules of institutions of higher education involving standards of admission, academic advancement, academic credit, graduation and the granting of degrees, employment relationships, or fiscal processes,
RCW 34.05.010(16) (definitions).
256.20 Procedure for Adoption of Rules (Washington Administrative Code) for Seattle College District
- 256.20.1 Materials to be considered for entry and codification on the Washington Administrative Code (hereafter referred to as WAC) are to be forwarded through appropriate administrative channels to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Human Resources.
- 256.20.2 If forwarded to the president's/vice chancellor's office, that office has responsibility to forward rules to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Human Resources.
- 256.20.3 The Vice Chancellor's Office will be responsible for contacting the Washington State Assistant Attorney General's Office to determine if the proposed materials should be codified and appropriate language is utilized for this purpose. The Vice Chancellor's Office will assume responsibility for providing materials for proposed codification to the Chancellor's Cabinet for review.
- 256.20.4 Materials which are recommended by the Assistant Attorney General for conclusion in WAC are presented to the Chancellor's Cabinet prior to initiation of formal procedure to codify any "rule" proposed for Seattle College District.
- 256.20.5 Following notification of the Chancellor's Cabinet of the intent to codify rules, the formal filing proceedings are to be initiated by the Vice Chancellor's Office according to District Policy 128.
256.30 A register of all codified Seattle College District Washington Administrative Codes will be maintained by the Vice Chancellor's Office. This register will be available for public review according to District Policy 254, Access to Public Records.
Chancellor’s Cabinet – Revision & Adoption History
Companion Document : Pro256
Adoption Date : 1981/04/05
Revision Date : 2020/01/09