Seattle College District Policy
TITLE: Environmental Policy
The Seattle College District is committed to conducting business in an environmentally responsible fashion. It shall be the policy of the Seattle College District to:
- Reduce the present and future risks of hazardous materials.
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to hazardous materials.
- Promote the purchase and use of products manufactured using recycled materials.
- Establish procedures to reduce waste in ongoing processes and to develop waste reduction procedures.
- Establish recycling systems for non-hazardous materials.
- Promote conservation of electricity and water.
- Encourage conservation of fuels through the promotion of bus, van and carpool use, bicycles, and other alternative modes of transportation.
- Increase the awareness of environmental issues and practices.
- Develop, to the fullest extent possible, capital master plans and projects consistent with the provisions of the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA). The “responsible official,” for the purposes of the policy, shall be the chancellor, respective campus president/vice-chancellor, or designee. It shall be the responsibility of the “responsible official” to facilitate the preparation of a “Declaration of Significance/Non-Significance” and/or a “Threshold Determination”, as appropriate.
Board of Trustees – Revision & Adoption History
Companion Document : Pro
Adoption Date : 1991/09/03
Revision Date : 2013/09/09