Seattle College District Policy
TITLE: Health & Safety
The following basic rules have been established to help make Seattle Colleges a safe place to work. These rules are the foundation of safety at Seattle Colleges. Other situational or equipment-specific safety rules may also apply, and those rules are listed elsewhere. Failure to comply with these basic rules may result in disciplinary action.
- Never do anything unsafe in order to complete a job. If a task is unsafe, report it to your supervisor.
- Never remove or disable any safety device. Keep safety guards in place at all times.
- Never operate equipment unless you are authorized and have been trained on its safe operation.
- Use your personal protective equipment whenever it is required.
- Obey all safety warning signs.
- Never work under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Using alcohol or drugs at work is prohibited.
- Do not bring firearms or explosives onto school property.
- Smoking is only permitted outdoors more than 25 feet from building openings.
- Unsafe physical activity including, but not limited to, horseplay and fighting, are prohibited.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary work area.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Put tools and equipment away after use.
- Do not allow scraps or packaging to accumulate where it will become a hazard.
Supervisors of each workspace or team are responsible for identifying site-specific hazards in partnership with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager. The specific hazards will be documented and shared with employees in the workplace specific safety orientation training.
Board of Trustees – Revision & Adoption History
Companion Document : Pro
Adoption Date : 2018/10/18
Revision Date : 0001/01/01