Seattle Colleges welcomes international students for study in academic, technical, and English language training programs:
- University Transfer: earn a two-year Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), or Associate of Business (AB) degree. These degrees transfer to hundreds of four-year colleges and universities throughout the United States. Students enjoy low tuition and small class sizes.
- High School Completion Plus: complete a Washington State high school diploma and an associate degree at the same time, and in just two years.
- Career Training: choose from more than 135 degree and certificate programs which vary in length from one quarter to two years. Bachelor of Applied Science degrees in several fields are also available.
- Intensive English: improve English language skills at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels in a results-oriented environment.
- College Bridge: develop academic and English language skills to prepare for college-level studies.
- Summer Session: choose from a full range of college and English language training programs during the eight-week summer term.
Services for International Students
Each college has an International Programs office with services which include admissions, college and cultural orientation, immigration and academic advising, social activities, trips, transcript evaluation for credit transfer, and housing referrals.
- Students should apply through the International Programs office at the college of their choice, since admission procedures may vary. Contact the individual college for specific information.
- Applicants must demonstrate adequate financial support to cover their intended period of study in order to meet visa requirements.
- To enroll, students must be at least 16 years of age by the first day of class.
- To qualify for admission, underage applicants (16 or 17 year old) who have not yet graduated from high school must have completed at least the first semester/term of 10th grade and have above average results (B average minimum).
- Application for admission by itself does not guarantee acceptance. Students must receive official notification of admission in order to enroll.
Note: International students should begin the application process well in advance of the quarter for which admission is desired in order to process the application, make passport and visa arrangements, and prepare for departure.
Seattle Colleges Students and Study Abroad
For students of Seattle Colleges who are interested in studying abroad, there are several opportunities. Visit the Study Abroad website for more information.
For additional information, contact the offices listed below: