ctcLink and Other Existing Information Systems
How will ctcLink work with existing information systems used by students, staff, and faculty across Seattle Colleges?
Canvas is the online Learning Management System (LMS) used by our colleges to deliver electronic course content and many other purposes. We will continue to use Canvas with ctcLink, and it will be a tightly integrated system with ctcLink.
- Students will be able to log into Canvas with their ctcLink user ID and password as well as their existing credentials. New students after ctcLink go live will just use their ctcLink credentials to access Canvas.
- Canvas course shells can be created automatically for class sections scheduled in ctcLink.
Starfish is the student success platform used by student services departments, students, and faculty across Seattle Colleges. Starfish’s flexible notifications, service management, and analytical tools are not replaced by ctcLink. Starfish will use many elements of ctcLink student and employee data. ctcLink data will generate all student and staff information in Starfish such as: contact info, programs and courses, advising connections, participation in student programs (TRiO, Running Start, Seattle Promise, Workforce, etc.), GPA, and total credits.
- Advising and student support programs will continue to use Starfish for notes, scheduling, and eventually Degree and Ed Planning. We will import student notes from ctcLink into Starfish, so that the Starfish student notes creates a comprehensive record.
- Other student services, such as tutoring, will use it for scheduling and documenting student use of resources.
- We'll also continue to expand early alerts through Progress Surveys and system raised notifications – such as nudges to students to access their Canvas courses during the first three days of the quarter.
- The Starfish Strategic Analytics tools will become available this fall to support data analysis by our Pathways teams.
- After our PeopleSoft deployment in February 2021, we will use the PeopleSoft data to power use of the Starfish Ed Planner so that advisors can create personalized degree plans for students.
25Live is the system we use for classroom and event scheduling. 25Live is a tightly integrated part of the ctcLink system, and will be updated in real time by ctcLink. This integration will improve our class scheduling process and better help us understand how to use our spaces most efficiently.
Azorus is the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system used by Seattle Colleges to recruit and communicate primarily with prospective students. Azorus’ mass messaging, website integration, tracking and reporting tools are not replaced by ctcLink. We will continue to use Azorus for recruitment and marketing purposes.
Azorus will integrate with ctcLink on key enrollment data points to increase our ability to target communications and measure the effectiveness of our efforts.
At Seattle Colleges we use the Alma and Primo library management system. We also use the EZProxy authentication system to provide remote access to online resources. These systems are not replaced by ctcLink. They will continue to be used across our colleges. We will integrate these systems with ctcLink during the implementation process to automate access to our library materials for students and employees.
The MyNorth / MyCentral / MySouth sites are locally-developed portals that allow students to register for classes and perform other types of student self-service. Most of this functionality will be replaced by ctcLink Student Self-Service.
Student will use ctcLink Self-Service to:
- Request changes to personal information (name, contact information, etc)
- Enroll in classes and make changes to their enrollment (adds, drops, etc)
- Transact enrollment and financial aid processes
Identifying gaps: Seattle Colleges Web Development is working with the ctcLink team to identify MyNorth / MyCentral / MySouth functionality that cannot be completed in ctcLink. This list currently includes:
- Hosting online course evaluations
- Allowing faculty to directly enter textbook information and class notes
Web Development will create a student portal as part of the MySeattleColleges services to bring together these services for students under one site.
Instructor Briefcase: this class roster and grading tool for faculty is replaced by the ctcLink Faculty Self-Service.
Time and Leave Reporting (TRL): this tool for employees is replaced by the ctcLink Employee Self-Service.
eForms: most eForms functions will be replaced by workflows within ctcLink.
- Part-time Faculty assignments will be made with ctcLink’s Faculty Workload Module (FWL)
- New Hire process should use the Talent Acquisition Management (TAM) tools within ctcInk.
- We are actively working on identifying how best to migrate all HR eForms to ctcLink.
Travel App: we will process travel requests and approvals within ctcLink’s Travel and Expense module.
What other systems will be replaced by ctcLink's PeopleSoft components?
- Student Management System (SMS), Financial Aid Management (FAM), Degree Audit, Instructor Briefcase → PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS)
- Financial Management System (FMS), FMSQuery, Travel Requests → PeopleSoft Financial Management (FM)
- Personnel & Payroll Management System (PPMS), NeoGov, TLR → PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM)
Please use our feedback form to send us comments, recommendations, or corrections.