With Dr. Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap appointed as interim chancellor, Seattle Colleges is currently planning the search for a permanent chancellor. Refer to the timeline and information below.
|Position||Target Start Date||Expected Service Timeline|
|Acting Chancellor – Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap appointed||July 1, 2022||Will serve until interim chancellor is appointed|
|Interim Chancellor – Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap appointed||October 2022||Will serve until chancellor is appointed|
|Chancellor – planning underway||July 2023||Will serve a negotiated term|
Interim Chancellor Search Advisory Committee
Role of the Advisory Committee
- Lead an open and inclusive search for an interim chancellor that supports the Seattle Colleges goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion by providing equal consideration and opportunities for all qualified candidates.
- Develop the position and candidate profile, including desired qualifications and attributes for an interim chancellor to serve from October 2022 through June 2023 or when a chancellor is appointed. Present this profile to the board of trustees for review and approval in late July or early August 2022.
- Guide and support the recruitment of a strong and diverse candidate pool.
- Screen applications to select candidates that best meet the position profile and are most capable of leading Seattle Colleges over the interim period.
- Develop job- and competency-related interview questions designed to distinguish candidates who will best meet the needs of students, the colleges, and their community.
- Interview candidates and recommend three to five candidates for consideration by the board of trustees.
- Support Seattle Colleges and the board in hosting public forums for the final candidates.
- Support the transition, orientation, and success of the interim chancellor.
Expectations of Advisory Committee Members
- Work collaboratively with each other and the college community to bring recommendation of the finalist slate to the board by September 1, 2022.
- Commitment to attend and participate in 3 to 5 meetings in July and August 2022.
- Maintain strict confidentiality about candidates, applications, and nominees for the position.
- Make regular reports to the board and the college community on the progress of the search.
- Louise Chernin, Board Chair
- Rosa Peralta, Board Vice Chair
- D’Andre Fisher, EDI Representative
- Scott Rixon, HR Representative
- Cody Hiatt, AFT-SPS Representative
- Victoria J. Marroquin, Student Alumni
- Kevin Bowersox-Johnson, Inclusion Advocate