Seattle Colleges Seeking Trustee Nominations
From time to time, there is a vacancy on Seattle Colleges District Board of Trustees. We look for dedicated and experienced community leaders from diverse backgrounds to add to our prospective trustee list. We are committed to an equitable, transparent recruitment and appointment process. We welcome recommendations and self-nomination of individuals who are passionate about the community college mission and desire to serve in this high-impact role as a trustee.
About the Trustees
The board of trustees is the governance body for Seattle Colleges. The board derives its leadership authority from statutes in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) Chapter 28B. The board has five members appointed by the governor of the State of Washington and confirmed by the Washington State Senate. Board members are appointed to five-year terms and can apply for reappointment for a second term. The board provides leadership through policy governance of the district, and through selection, supervision, and evaluation of the chancellor.
- Be committed to leading with racial equity
- Have residency within Seattle city limits
- Know the community needs and trends
- Be able to commit time and effort
- Be proactive, visionary and future-oriented
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
- Be committed to the district and serving the public good
- Be an ethical, respected leader
- Submit a letter of interest and a professional resume.
- Attend interviews by Trustee Recruitment Committee, including two trustees and the chancellor.
- Complete the online application for a board or commission as required by the Governor ‘s Office.
- Seattle Colleges board chair and chancellor make recommendations to the governor.
- Governor makes final appointment.
For further information or assistance contact:
Senior Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees