To be eligible, students must:
The ONSIGHT scholarship, funded by the
National Science Foundation. supports talented low-income RST Academy students
transfer degrees in STEM fields. The scholarship provides up to $2,000 per
quarter, and is renewable for up to two years, as long as the ONSIGHT scholar
maintains a 3.0 GPA and meets other eligibility criteria.
* Be a member of the RST Academy in
good standing. Apply to the RST Academy online - it only takes a moment.
* Demonstrate financial need by
submitting the FAFSA to SSCC's financial aid office
* Be enrolled as a full-time student
in a STEM major at SSCC (where STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, or
* Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Be a US citizen or legal resident
Most scholarships are awarded spring
quarter for use during the following academic year(s). Occasionally, additional
awards are announced during fall quarter, depending on the availability of
The current award cycle ends at 5:00
pm, May 24, 2013.
To renew the scholarship in successive
quarters, students must:
* Submit the scholarship renewal form
in a timely manner.
* Continue to meet scholarship
eligibility requirements as stated above.
* Meet twice a quarter with their
* Design and work toward an Individual
Academic Success Plan
In order to enhance their
competitiveness and growth as future leaders in the STEM field, ONSIGHT
scholars are strongly encouraged to complete a capstone project at the
end of the first year of funding.
Capstone projects may consist of:
* A faculty-supervised undergraduate
research project. An excellent way to begin designing such a project is to
enroll in UGR 214, Introduction to Scientific Research
* A service learning project (this may
be part of a course, but should extend the service work in the course in some
* A student leadership project
How to Apply
Please download the application
instructions, application form, and recommendation forms and submit to UNI 101,
Attention: Jake Ashcraft by the submission deadline.