To be eligible, students must:
* Be a member of the RST Academy in
good standing. Apply to the RST Academy online - it only takes a moment.
* Demonstrate financial need by
submitting the FAFSA to SSCC's financial aid office
* Be enrolled as a full-time student
in a STEM major at SSCC (where STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, or
* Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Be a US citizen or legal resident
The current scholarship round closes in fall quarter of 2014.
Due Date: Friday, November 14 at 5:00pm
To renew the scholarship in successive
quarters, students must:
* Submit the scholarship renewal form
in a timely manner.
* Continue to meet scholarship
eligibility requirements as stated above.
* Meet twice a quarter with their
* Design and work toward an Individual
Academic Success Plan
To renew your Onsight Scholarship, you must download the renewal form and submit it to Jake Ashcraft by the end of the third quarter of your scholarship.
In order to enhance their
competitiveness and growth as future leaders in the STEM field, ONSIGHT
scholars are strongly encouraged to complete a capstone project at the
end of the first year of funding.
Capstone projects may consist of:
* A faculty-supervised undergraduate
research project. An excellent way to begin designing such a project is to
enroll in UGR 214, Introduction to Scientific Research
* A service learning project (this may
be part of a course, but should extend the service work in the course in some
* A student leadership project
How do I apply for the ONSIGHT Scholarship?
All applications consist of two parts:
1. An online application (see below)
2. Paper documents to turn in (described in the ONSIGHT instruction form, see below).
The entire application (both online portion and paper hard copies) are due to Jake Ashcraft in RSB 188 no later than November 14, at 5:00 pm.
To help you prepare your scholarship application, you should attend at least one of the workshops offered by South for the Onsight Scholarship.