Next Review Deadline is June 24th, 2013!
Faculty development grant applications are accepted every second Monday of the month (excluding summer quarter). Faculty may apply for a grant as long as the application is submitted before attending the event. The monthly deadlines are the committee review dates. Faculty can submit an application at any time but it will not be reviewed until after the posted monthly review deadline. Please scroll down and review the instructions and Frequently Asked Questions if you are interested in this grant. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or FD@seattlecolleges.edu
Individual grants are used to go to a conference or attend a class or workshop (up to $550 per year).
Presenter grants are earmarked for faculty giving presentations at national or international events (up to $900 every other year).
Group grants can fund group professional development events up to $400 for events that serve a single campus. Events that serve the entire district can be supported up to $1000.
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply before your activity begins. Include documentation for the activity and fees.
- Ask your division staff how to obtain and/or prepare a travel requisition form before you leave on your trip. This is required for all events, regardless of whether they are grant funded or not.
- If funds will be used for airfare: Get help from your division staff to comply with state regulations. Airfare must be purchased with a state issued US Bank credit card. Contact your campus business office and allow minimum 30 days prior to travel date.
- Follow this link to access the online FD application: http://insideseattlecolleges.com/facultydevgrant and you will get a prompt to login. Once you login (use college email username and password) you will be directed to the application forms with guidelines. Applications are accepted and reviewed monthly (excluding summer quarter).
- Faculty Development will update faculty about their grant status after the grant has been reviewed (approximately 2 weeks after the monthly review deadline).
- All faculty will need to cover the cost of the event up front. Faculty development does not process any grant awards until after the event has occurred. Grant recipients must provide documentation showing proof of payment for all event activities. They must also provide a final event report within 45 days of the event. Grant stipends will not be processed until after the final report and all other paperwork has been correctly submitted. Please note, all paperwork is due within 45 days of the event.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you must be absent from class to attend your event which would require the division to hire a substitute instructor, please notify your Unit Administrator of your intent to apply, along with the dates and times of the event, so they have time to accommodate you accordingly.
AFTER YOUR ACTIVITY (Grant Payment Specifics)
The award reimbursement process requires you to submit a report and all required travel documents (ie, TEV (travel expense voucher), proof of payment, etc). Please contact your division staff for help with this process.
Complete your 1-2 page report in a word or pdf document and send it to FD@seattlecollegese.edu as an attachment. Please include the following information in your report:
- Your name
- The event/activity title and its dates
- A summary of the activity (the sessions you attended, the learning that took place, etc.)
- A recommendation to other faculty who might attend in the future
Past reports are available for viewing in the Faculty Development Document Center. After logging in to the intranet using your Outlook user name and password, Browse Documents, Faculty Development, select a Year - Quarter, then select a file to open.